It is the policy of the Meherrin River Regional Jail to facilitate offender visitation with family, counsel, and clergy. All visitors must register an account and schedule visit using the following link:
Visits are scheduled Monday - Friday between 9:00am - 11:15am, 1:55pm - 3:00pm, and 7:30pm - 9:45pm.
Visits for offenders in Protective Custody and Administrative Custody are scheduled on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7:00am - 08:40am, 3:25pm - 4:30pm, and 6:30pm - 7:00 pm.
Visits are not scheduled on legal holidays observed by the jail. Visits last for 30 minutes.
Please see below for visitation rules. All rules may not be specifically stated on this website. The Visitation Officer will enforce all rules and polices to ensure the safety and security of the Jail.
ALL VISITS (ONSITE AND INTERNET)
- All visitors must arrive at the jail (or be ready by internet) thirty minutes prior to the scheduled visitation time.
- All visitors must have a picture ID.
- Visitor and offender behavior will be monitored at all times. Any visitor displaying crude or disruptive behavior will have their visit suspended. If this is an onsite visit, you will be asked to leave the premises. If it is an internet visit, the visit will be terminated immediately. At the Visitation Officer's discretion, visitors may be permanently banned for excessive displays of such behavior.
- Appropriate clothing is required for all visitors. Examples of inappropriate clothing include, but are not limited to: short, tight, revealing and/or transparent clothing and/or pajamas as outerwear. Proper undergarments are required. Clothing should have sleeves and not otherwise expose undergarments.
- Offenders in Disciplinary Custody will not receive visits.
- No cell phone use during any visits; however, we do allow internet visitation using the GTL VisMobile app on Android devices (links below). Cell phones are not allowed on premise at either facility. Taking pictures of any visit is strictly prohibited and can result in loss of visitation privileges.
- No current or former employees of Meherrin River Regional Jail are allowed to visit offenders.
ON SITE VISITS
- A maximum of three visitors are allowed, one of which must be an adult. For any minor to visit, the parent or guardian must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. All visitors entering with a minor are responsible for the minor's behavior. No minor can be left unattended in the lobby while the adult goes to the visitation room for a visit.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must check in with the Lobby Officer and present a picture ID.
- Extended visits must be pre-approved and the visitor must live seventy-five (75) or more miles from the jail. A picture ID with an address that matches the approved request must be presented.
- No personal items can be taken into the Visitation Center. Lockers are provided for visitors to use upon request.
- All visitors must be cleared though the metal detector.
- If a visitor is late arriving, they will not be allowed to have the remainder of their visit.
- No shows are treated as a visit.
- Once a visit starts, visitors will not be allowed to leave the Visitation Center and re-enter.
- Only two (2) on-site visits are allowed per week and one (1) visit per scheduled visitation day, Monday through Friday.
- Inmates are allowed one (1) internet visit per day up to five (5) internet visits per week.
REFUND OF PAID VISITS
All paid visits, both additional on-site and internet, will be refunded as follows:
- Visit canceled at least two days prior to visit: Full refund
- Visit canceled one day prior to visit: half refund
- Visit canceled on the same day: no refund
VisMobile - Register/Schedule
VisMobile Internet Visit Addon
Questions concerning offender visitation may be address to our Visitation Officer at extension 201